What We Believe
Heritage... A Gospel - Centered Church is a non-denominational family of believers. We desire to know our Savior Jesus Christ in a sincere and intimate way, while at the same time giving honor and glory to Him, our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We exist to Exalt the Lord, to Equip His Saints, and to Engage the World around us, all of which is enabled and motivated by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
To Exalt the Lord
- Man was created by God to bring Glory to God through worship in every area of life, as well as celebrating His grace through the regular observance of communion and baptism of new believers. (1 Corinthians 10:31, John 4:23, 1 Corinthians 11:24-25)
- We worship the true and living God. One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His death as atonement for our sins, His bodily resurrection on the third day, His ascension into Heaven, and his imminent return in power and glory.
- We believe that Jesus is the only way to fellowship with the Father, and worship Him as such. (John 14:6)
To Equip the Saints
- We believe in the inspired, inerrant of Word of God, the Holy Bible, given to us through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is God’s complete Word, the only authoritative Word of God, and no private interpretation or additional revelation is, or will be, given to man. (Mark 13:31, 2 Timothy 3:14-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We place a strong emphasis on the teaching of the Word of God, for it is the basis for and source of our faith. The systematic and expositional study of God’s word will address the issues of life and equip the saints for the ministry of the gospel as we receive the whole counsel of God. (Romans 10:17, Isaiah 55:11, Acts 20:27, Ephesians 4:11-12)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, without which we are unable to live a godly life. (John 14:26)
- We believe the Lord has given to each of us different gifts by the Holy Spirit to be used to further the Gospel of Christ and point others to Jesus. The Holy Spirit is a God of decency and order, and those trademarks will accompany anyone who is practicing these gifts. (Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, John 15:26, John 16:14, 1 Corinthians 14:40)
To Engage the World
- We believe in the Great Commission, in which Jesus commands us to go throughout all the world and make disciples of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:16-20)
- We believe that in loving God and loving our neighbors, we are fulfilling the commandments of God in total and completing the purpose of the church. (Matthew 22:37-40)
- We believe that the inevitable result of gospel-centered life will be missional living, expressed in acts of love and service to our neighbors, both within the family of faith, and outside of the church. (Matthew 5: 13-16, 1 John 4:20)
- The natural by-product of a healthy, growing, loving church will be evangelism, done through both word and deed. (John 21:15-17, Mark 16:15, Romans 2:4)